Position for a Stomal Therapy CNC in Brisbane
Nurse Practitioner – Skin Integrity
The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network
This exciting opportunity is open to registered nurses who currently meet the requirements for endorsement as a Nurse Practitioner (NP). It is a new position, identified by the Ministry of Health as a priority area for improved patient outcomes. In collaboration with multidisciplinary teams, the NP will work across all SCHN sites to provide advanced and extended clinical skills when alterations in skin integrity or risks of pressure injury are identified. The NP will play a leadership role in SCHN’s quality and safety approach to pressure injury prevention, including education programs and research activities.
- Current Authority to practice as a Registered Nurse and with endorsement to practice as a Nurse Practitioner through the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority AHPRA
- Evidence of existing advanced practice skills and currency of practice
- Demonstrated ability to articulate sound reasoning behind clinical, diagnostic and prescribing decisions that are informed by evidence based practice and made within a nursing context.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and engage with patients/consumers, carers and the multidisciplinary health care team to identify and ensure responsiveness of care needs.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrated skills in the delivery of clinical education and support
- Evidence of quality and/or research activities
- Ability to contribute to clinical service planning relevant to scope
Closing Date: 30 January 2019
Enquiries: Lynn McCartney (A/Network Nurse Manager)
Applications: ROB ID number: REQ82905
Nurses requiring replacements
Available for short term cover in Victoria for holidays
Mobile: 0427 559 100
If you have a job vacancy or a replacement notice and want it placed on here, please send details to email@example.com.