Life & honorary members
Criteria for life membership:
Life membership may be awarded by the executive committee to a full member in recognition of conspicuous contribution to, and eminence in, the field of Stomal Therapy Nursing.
Procedure for nominating life members: Nominations to be sent to the National Executive using usual membership form accompanied by a submission detailing the reasons for nomination. Life members retain all rights and responsibilities of a full member as stated in 7.8 of the constitution.
N.B. Although this honour is sometimes received as a surprise, the Executive recommends that the member be approached to see if they want to accept this honour.
Criteria for honorary membership:
Honorary membership may be awarded by the executive committee to a person who has rendered valuable services to the Association or in recognition of conspicuous contribution to stomal therapy.
Procedure for nominating an honorary member: Nominations to be sent to the national executive using usual membership form accompanied by a submission detailing the reasons for nomination. Honorary members do not pay annual subscriptions. Honorary members are requested to sign AASTN certificates for new members. Honorary members receive: Journal Minutes of AGM Minutes of Executive Committee meetings.
Current Honorary members
- Dr. John Herron QLD Accepted 1990
- Dr. A D Campbell QLD Accepted 1992
- Prof. Lesley Bokey NSW Accepted 1996
- Mr. Russell Stitz QLD Accepted 1999
Previous Honorary members
- Dr. Fred Leditsche (resigned 1999) QLD Accepted 1990
- Prof. Sir E S R Hughes (deceased 1998) VIC Accepted 1977
- Mr. David Failes (deceased 2014) NSW Accepted 1989
- Dr. Neville Davies QLD Accepted 1981
- Mr. Mark Killingback NSW Accepted 1989
The AASTN does not have any limit on how many honorary members there are in the Association.