Wound Awareness Week
WOUND AWARENESS MATTERS!
Register today for your Promotional Kit
Wound Awareness Week is back this year and will be taking place from 15th - 21st July, 2019. With the theme "Lets Talk About Wounds", our goal is to get people talking about the rising issue of wounds.
We are reaching out to you, to help us spread awareness of what wounds are, who’s at risk, and what someone should do if they have a wound that won’t heal.
How can you help? It’s simple.
REGISTER FOR THE PROMOTIONAL KIT AND SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE WEEK THROUGH YOUR NETWORKS
The kit comprises of
- Wound Aware Posters: for displaying at your work and shared with your networks
- Patient Information Brochure: containing key information about chronic wounds and their cure which you can share with patients
- Stickers: that you can wear during Wound Awareness Week
- Wound Aware Buntings: to make your Wound Awareness displays stand out
- Wound Aware Magnets: for sharing with the patients and sticking at your work's fridge
Competition Poster: to spread awareness about the Wound Awareness Competition (details of the competition will be announced soon)A Letter from the CEO: highlighting Wounds Awareness Week
Membership Flyer: to help people join Wounds Australia and through which build a strong community that benefits everyone
Registrations for promotional kits will close on 14 June 2019, however our digital kits will still be available for download after this date.
Need more information?
No problem! You can find out more about Wound Awareness Week at: www.woundaware.com.au. We will be updating the promotional material closer to the Wound Awareness Week.
LET’S GET TOGETHER TO SPREAD THE AWARENESS!
Australian Council of Stoma Association conferences
Australian Council of Stoma Associations www.australianstoma.com.au
The next conference will be held in Perth 2019.
The meetings are usually held around mid-October of each year and will rotate from state to state in the following rotation:
2018 – Sydney NSW
2019 – Perth WA
2020 – Hobart TAS
2021 – Brisbane/Gold Coast QLD
2022 – Adelaide SA
2023 – Canberra ACT
2024 – Melbourne VIC
Patient Information brochures have been reviewed, especially by consumers
Seven recent pamphlets available:
- Colostomy reversal
- Ileostomy reversal
- Handy hints for the person with a faecal stoma
- Handy hints for the person with a urinary stoma
- Colostomy irrigation
- Prevention and management of dehydration in adults
- Rehydration solutions
- Travelling with a stoma
Consumer Feedback form available