Overseas-educated Stomal Therapy Nurses
Full Membership Application
Any Stomal Therapy Nurse who has qualifications from outside of Australia and who wishes to become a Full member must provide the following documentation:
- Completed Full Membership Application form available here
- Certified copy of registration to practice nursing in Australia
- Post registration certificate of Stomal Therapy Nursing, including a copy of course transcript if available
- Statement of service or reference from most recent employer in country of origin
- Statement of service or a reference from current Australian employer
- Current curriculum vitae with supportive evidence related to stoma, wound and continence education.
Send application form with supporting documentation to the AASTN Inc. Membership Officer for evaluation by the National Executive.
Applicant will be notified in writing of the outcome.
If supporting evidence does not demonstrate the required standard of education as per AASTN Inc. Stomal Therapy Nursing Education Program guidelines, the AASTN Inc. National Executive will recommend the applicant undertake further education as appropriate, or undertake an evaluation to demonstrate adequate breadth of knowledge. The applicant will be welcomed as an Associate Member until the submitted evidence has been recognised.